Fri, Oct 13|
Specific Adjustment Techinique (S.A.T.)
New in Nova Scotia! The course is intended for osteopathic practitioners who wish to know the principles of SAT adjustments, which is frequently used for the treatment of whiplash, high-impact trauma or strong adaptations in the patient's body scheme.
Time & Location
Oct 13, 2023, 9:00 AM ADT – Oct 15, 2023, 5:00 PM ADT
Truro, 692 Prince St, Truro, NS B2N 1G6, Canada
About the event
This exceptional course will be offered by J. Fermín López Gil, PT, DO, MSc. (Ost). from Spain. The course will be given in English with possible French translation.
The course is intended for osteopathic professionals and last year osteopathy students who wish to know the basics of SAT treatment, which is frequently used for the treatment of whiplash, high-impact trauma or strong adaptations in the patient's body scheme.
Specific Adjustment Technique started in the 1950’s by Parnall Bradbury and was developed by Tom Dummer into a sublime mixture of structural and functional technique. It relies on the ability to diagnose and adjust the segment of the spine that holds the key to the resolution of the spinal pattern. Then by a short series of treatments, adjusting only one segment per treatment, the mechanics of the spine (and therefore the balance of the whole body) is brought into functional harmony.
The method has the particularity of adjustments in a sitting or prone position. It tries to reverse the situation created by a large trauma in the body through an adjustment method that recreates the trauma by its speed, creating a floating field that tries to generate a change in the body system with information at the level of the central nervous system.
The method is based on X Ray interpretation (nowadays we don’t need to use it compulsorily), and it is about one specific adjustment per session, following a pivotal pathway, following step by step the areas of pivots restrictions.
TOTAL CEUs EARNED: 21h
!!!!!!!! Early birds before Aug. 16th can have 10% reduction by using the coupon : SAT1023 !!!!!!
SKILLS THAT WILL BE ACQUIRED
Manual osteopathic techniques for treating with SAT: prone position, sitting postion, dog, sacrum structural and toggle.
Radiological interpretation of positional lesions.
Understanding the neurological and anatomical effects of whiplash on the body.
Review of anatomical pivots and their function from the perspective of classical osteopathy.
COURSE PROGRAM – (3 days – 24 hours (8 hours per day))
- Lecture: History of S.A.T.: Dummer, Bradbury, historical momentum in Osteopathy Lecture and practice: Revision of Functional Radiology interpretation Practice: Techniques for cervical area (C2- C3)
- Lecture: Revision of Classical Osteopathy: Pivots and curves Practice: Cervical adjustments in sitting Position with S.A.T.
- Lecture: Structural Cranial: The face bones in the cranial Mechanics Practice: Cervical adjustments (C4-C5-C6- C7) in prone position Lecture: Neurology applied to S.A.T: understanding effects of whiplash and anatomical compensations on the CNS and duramater.
- Practice Techniques for the thoraco-cervical junction in Prone and Lift Position: Lecture: clinical cases Practice: Revision of Techniques
- Practice: Techniques for Middle Thoracic and Thoraco-lumbar Area Lecture: clinical cases Practice: treatment of L5 Sacrum in S.A.T.
- Practice: Continuity Techniques in Sternum and Neck Lecture and Practice: Summary and revision
Lectures, discussion, X Ray case review and demonstrations
. Fessenmeyer, M.O.“L’os, un élément de diagnostique” Ed Sully
. Dummer, T “Specific Adjusting Technique” Jotom Publications 1995 / 1-2, 4-11,13-14,22,27-29,31-32,34
. Bradbury, P “Mecánica Curativa”( Espinologia) Editorial Kier, S.A 1973 / 5-16
. Brousseau, P. “De la Spinologie a l’Ajustement Spécifique Osteopathique” Ed de Verlaque 2003
. Wackenheim,A. “ Lignes at repères en radiologie clinique, in imagerie du rachis cervical 1” Springer-Verlag Ed. 1989 47-52
. Wackenheim,A. “ Imagerie du rachis cervical 2,” Springer-Verlag ,Ed 1990 16
. Dummer, T. A textbook of Osteopathy. Vol 1 y 2. London: Jotom Publications, 1999
. Boudéhen, Gilles. Ostéopathie crânienne structurelle. Vannes-Cedex: Ed Sully; 2011
. Terramorsi, Jean-François. Ostéopathie structurelle. Lésion structurée. Concepts structurants. Bastia, Monthey: Ed Gépro/Éolienne; 2013
. Jänig, Wilfrid. The Integrative Action of the Autonomic Nervous System. Neurobiology of Homeostasis. Cambridge University Press. 2006
- Ticket type
Specific Adjustment Technique
Snacks and beverages are offered during short breaksPriceCA$800.00
+CA$120.00 HSTTax: +CA$120.00 HST
+CA$23.00 service fee+CA$23.00 service feeSale ended